Strengthening CANALPY Activities to Reclaim Canal
Commons in Alleppey
Funded by: The Duleep-Matthai Nature Conservation Trust through IIT Bombay
- Revival of Canal network with improved water quality, aesthetics and sustainable maintenance practices
- Detailed solid and liquid waste management plan for a single canal shed to be implemented, with outline plans for other canal sheds.
- Contextually relevant technical solutions for effective Grey and Black water treatment/Management & Detailed solid and liquid waste management plan for a single canal shed to be implemented, with outline plans for other canal sheds.
- Financially sustainable not-for-profit start-up as a service provider for effective management of solid and liquid waste from commercial establishments
- Around 100 Jobs were generated through solid and liquid waste management systems and maintenance activities
- A curriculum for training volunteers for implementing the Alleppey model, stage by stage in other towns and cities for replication in other locations :
- Strengthened local governance through Canal shed committee and social media platforms